Watch out! I just found out about this scam taking place that uses the name of American Consumer Opinion. ACP is a site I have recommended previously for making money taking paid surveys. Here is the quote from their website:
“WARNING!Mystery Shopper Scam
A fraudulent Canadian company is using the American Consumer Opinion® name to mail counterfeit checks for thousands of dollars, instructing you to deposit the check and then wire part of the money back to them. The company falsely claims the money you wire will go towards your training to become a mystery shopper. This is a criminal and illegal scam. Do not attempt to cash or deposit the check. Do not wire any money to anyone. Membership in American Consumer Opinion® is always free. ”
Always remember, you never have to pay for legitimate money making opps and never, ever get involved with anything that involves wiring money or cashing checks for them! Those are scams every single time!
For more about scams and surveys see my other posts:
- Scams in Your Inbox – Phishing E-mails
- Work at home Opps in your Inbox – HighestPaySurveys.com
- The Buzz on Paid Surveys
Be safe! If you have any doubts at all follow the safety first guidelines:
- You can check registration data here such as name, address and phone number. http://www.whois.net/
- Updated link to The BBBOnLine "Check out a Business or Charity”
- Google the site name or registered domain owner and check out the buzz!
- Leave a post about the site you are curious about and I will do all the work for you! Chances are I already have checked it out.
Thanks for reading, and happy trails!