Thursday, July 17, 2008

W32/Sdbot.worm!ftp

I thought this picture tells it all! Been hijacked by a worm! The image is from a game called “Worms: A Space Oddity” by Team17 Software for Nintendo Wii. It is a very appropriate image for my current problem.

I have been trying to get rid of a worm on my laptop for days! I do not understand why my virus program can not get rid of it. The best I was able to do was delete it. It just came back a few hours later. I have done a Google search and I just don’t get it! If anyone out there in the blogosphere is reading this and has some tips, info, anything about the W32/Sdbot.worm!ftp, please HELP ME!

What is it anyway? I just don’t get it. I know it slows down my computer. McAfee says it’s low risk and must be removed using ‘Engine/Dats’. Well what the heck is that? I have tried everything it just keeps coming back!!!

Back to WAHB Home

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Blue Ginger said...

hi. thanks for the add in SS. anyway, about your problem... have you updated your virus definition and OS service patch?

as what i always tell my friends, when all else fails... reformat your pc. =) hope it helps.

Barbara said...

Thanks for the tip! I have updated the defs...I'll look at the OS thing. I sure hope I don't habe to reformat!